To discuss enrollment for September 2020, please contact Vice Principal, Barb Ziler, at 1.800.567.1236 ext. 2249
The Advantages of MY EBUS Middle Years Program
You might be wondering … How is Middle Years different than Elementary and Secondary?
Middle school years – grades 7 – 9 and 9 are pivotal years in education and in adolescent development. At EBUS – we know that these learners need strong learning relationships along with increased independence, choice and flexibility. Junior secondary students (grades 7-9) are ready to work with more than one teacher, but not quite ready to work with the eight, or more teachers, as is commonly found in a secondary program. With this in mind, we designed the MY EBUS (Middle Years EBUS) program to ease the transition from elementary school to secondary school, under the guidance of a small team of supportive and dedicated teachers, who are familiar with the needs middle school students and who are committed to student success.
The MY EBUS Program provides:
- A team of dedicated, caring teachers committed to your student’s success.
- Ongoing, personalized feedback and interaction with your teacher.
- Flexibility and choice.
- Project based learning and individualized educational opportunities.
- 21st century learning, building skills in communication, critical thinking, creative and innovative thinking, and personal and social responsibility.
- Integrated curriculum, which aims to inspire students to learn while having fun.
- A BC public school, we follow BC Ministry of Education curriculum.
- Opportunities to connect with other learners during V-Classes.
- We strive to offer a wide variety of field trips and special events held locally in the Central Interior, as well as in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
- Up to $600 available in Learning Support Funds.
- Access to Special Education resources and support.
- First Nations (Aboriginal Education) resources, funding, tutoring support, and cultural events.