Please contact Middle Years Vice-Principal, Barb Ziler, for more information on how to register for our Middle Years (Grades 7, 8, 9) program.
The Advantages of MY EBUS Middle Years Program
How is Middle Years different than Elementary and Secondary?
Middle school years – grades 7 – 9 and 9 are pivotal years in education and in adolescent development. At EBUS – we know that these learners need strong learning relationships along with increased independence, choice and flexibility. Junior secondary students (grades 7-9) are ready to work with more than one teacher, but not quite ready to work with the eight, or more teachers, as is commonly found in a secondary program. With this in mind, we designed the MY EBUS (Middle Years EBUS) program to ease the transition from elementary school to secondary school, under the guidance of a small team of supportive and dedicated teachers, who are familiar with the needs middle school students and who are committed to student success.
The MY EBUS Program provides:
- A team of dedicated, caring teachers committed to your student’s success.
- Ongoing, personalized feedback and interaction with your teacher.
- Flexibility and choice.
- Project based learning and individualized educational opportunities.
- 21st century learning, building skills in communication, critical thinking, creative and innovative thinking, and personal and social responsibility.
- Integrated curriculum, which aims to inspire students to learn while having fun.
- A BC public school, we follow BC Ministry of Education curriculum.
- Opportunities to connect with other learners during V-Classes.
- We strive to offer a wide variety of field trips and special events held locally in the Central Interior, as well as in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
- Up to $600 available in Learning Support Funds.
- Access to Special Education resources and support.
- First Nations (Aboriginal Education) resources, funding, tutoring support, and cultural events.