Reporting and Feedback:
EBUS Academy reports on student progress for students in grades 7-9 in two ways.
Progress reports and parent access to student progress. Parents/Guardians can access their student’s progress at any time by logging into the parent portal. Students can access their progress from the student dashboard. Teachers also send out bi-weekly progress reports through email. For more information, please contact your OLT (online teacher).
Formal reporting occurs at six points of progress throughout the year, using four different reporting formats. Reports are designed to be timely and responsive, providing information about students’ progress in relation to the learning standards of the curriculum. The reporting model is as follows:
2 Literacy/ Numeracy Snapshots – October and May
- Students will complete a ‘snapshot’ literacy and/or numeracy assessment in Moodle. Teachers will assess work and provide feedback on progress.
- Parents will receive a snapshot report including feedback on ways to support learning at home and grade-level exemplars (examples) of student work at different skill levels.
2 Teacher-Parent Conferences – November and March
- Teacher-parent conferences will be held within a window of ideally one week and will focus on whether students are meeting expectations in curricular areas at the point of progress.
- Parent participation is required and we ask that you make all efforts to be available at some point during the window of time.
1 Mid-Year Summative Report – January
- Teachers will send home a mid-year report in January which informs parents of whether students are meeting or not meeting expectations in all curricular areas at the point of progress. This report includes which core competencies have been demonstrated and reflected upon to date.
1 End of Year Summative Report – June
- A formal summative report will be sent home in June indicating levels of performance in relation to the learning standards and using criterion-referenced letter grades. The report will include a comment describing students’ development and reflection of core competencies throughout the year.
Reporting Schedule for the Year:
October – Literacy Snapshot #1
November – Parent-Teacher Conference #1
January – Mid-Year Summative Report
March – Parent-Teacher Conference #2
April – Literacy Snapshot #2
June – End of year Summative Report