WHY Junior Secondary at EBUS?
You might be wondering…How is Junior Secondary different than Elementary and Secondary?
At EBUS Academy, we recognize that grade 8 and 9 are pivotal years in education and in adolescent development. We know that these learners need strong learning relationships along with increased independence, choice and flexibility. Grade 8 and 9 students are ready to work with more than one teacher, but not quite ready to work with the eight, or more teachers, as is commonly found in a secondary program. With this in mind, our Jr. Secondary program is designed to ease the transition from elementary school to secondary school, under the guidance of a small team of supportive and dedicated teachers, who are familiar with the needs of grade 8 and 9 students and who are committed to student success.
Our Junior Secondary Program provides:
- Ongoing, personalized feedback and interaction with your OLT (Online Teacher)
- Flexibility and choice.
- Project based learning and individualized educational opportunities.
- 21stcentury learning, building skills in communication, critical thinking, creative and innovative thinking, and personal and social responsibility
- Integrated curriculum which aims to inspire students to learn while having fun.
- Opportunities to connect with other learners during V-Classes.
- We offer a wide variety of regularly scheduled fieldtrips and special events that are held locally as well as in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
- Up to $600 available funding for resources, school supplies, and memberships per student
- Up to $400 available for internet reimbursement (per student)
- Access to Special Education resources and support
- First Nations (Aboriginal Education) resources, funding, tutoring support, and cultural events