EBUS Academy Technical Assistance 1 (800) 567-1236 ext. 2255
Families are responsible for their own computer maintenance and repairs and basic knowledge of how to use their system.
All families are responsible for their own Internet Service provision.
When to contact your course instructor
If you have questions regarding the content in your course, your materials, pace, assessments, broken links, or anything else related to the course you are taking, please contact your EBUS course instructor. Use Moodle to message your teacher.
When to contact the Technical Help Desk
Before contacting our Help Desk, please look through the topics discussed here first to see if your problem is addressed. If you are unable to log into your Moodle dashboard or require help that relates to your password, login, browser, or other technical issues, you may contact our technical support representative as shown below.
Target turnaround time on helpdesk requests is 24 business hours during the regular school year; we will respond to you sooner if possible.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-567-1236 ext. 2255
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Many of our teachers use Vclass (virtual classrooms) for group learning sessions. A link will be provided by your teacher, or may be posted in your Moodle course. In our Elementary program, students and parents will find upcoming Vclasses listed in ‘Vclass Valley’ on the Moodle dashboard.
At EBUS, we offer Vclasses through a platform called ‘Blackboard Collaborate’. Blackboard Collaborate is easy to use!
- The best browsers to use are Chrome and Firefox.
- Students can join a Vclass using their computer or a tablet/ iPad (with slightly more limited access to tools).
Helpful tutorials to help you login and find your way around the Vclass classroom are found here:
While in the Vclass classroom, click on “Settings,” and set up your camera and microphone. If you have problems accessing Vclass, please contact your online teacher or the help desk at 1.800.567.1236 ext. 2255
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Personal computer – Windows 7 of higher. We do not support Linux systems.
- High Speed Internet recommended
- Microsoft Office 2013 – Every enrolled EBUS student can install this software, if they sign the agreement.
- We recommend Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 40.0.3, Safari or Google Chrome. Some browsers may not work as well as others with some of our software.
- Java 7 update 79
- VLC player 2.2.1