- 2018 Graduation Program
An English 11
Start-up included: Yes
Literary Studies 12
Note: This course does NOT satisfy the Language Arts 12 graduation requirement.
Literary Studies 12 allows students to delve more deeply into literature through increasingly complex texts. Students can explore specific themes, periods, authors, or areas of the world through literary works (fiction and non-fiction) in a variety of media. Linking world literature to current events and concerns/topics important to today’s students will:
- increase their literacy skills through close reading of appropriately challenging texts.
- enhance their development of the English Language Arts curricular competencies, both expressive and receptive
- expand their development as educated global citizens
- develop balance and broaden their understanding of themselves and the world
- further refine higher-level thinking and learning skills
Note: This course does not satisfy the Language Arts 12 graduation requirement.