2019-20 Schedule of Exams And Assessments:
- January 2020 Session: NME 10, LTE 10, English 12/Communications 12 Provincial Exams
- Deadline to register: December 6, 2019
- April 2020 Session: NME 10, LTE 10
- Deadline to register: March 6, 2020
- June 2020 Session: English 12/Communications 12 Provincial Exams
- Deadline to register: June 5, 2020
- EBUS Academy will arrange graduation assessments (NME 10, LTE 10) for students whose school of record is EBUS Academy
- English 12 and Communications 12 Provincial Exams are only required for students who started these courses prior to June 30, 2019. These exams will be discontinued after June 2020.
Provincial Graduation Assessments
Students graduating under the 2018 Graduation Program are now required to write two provincial assessments in grade 10: a Literacy Assessment (LTE 10) and a Numeracy Assessment (NME 10). Starting in the 2020-21 school year, students in grade 12 will write another Graduation Literacy Assessment.
In Summary, students will complete three provincial assessments:
- Numeracy Assessment (NME 10) – Grade 10 (graduation requirement)
- Literacy Assessment (LTE 10) – Grade 10 (graduation requirement starting in 2019/20)
- Graduation Literacy Assessment – Grade 12 (graduation requirement starting in 2020/21)
Given that the graduation assessments are being phased in, students should refer to the information section below for their respective grade to determine which assessments they will be required to write.
Provincial Exams (English 12 and Communications 12)
Provincial exams, for English 12 and Communications 12, will be offered for one more year, the 2019-20 school year. There are two sessions in which these exams are offered – January and June. The dates and times for these exams are set by the Ministry of Education. The Communications 12 and English 12 provincial exam is worth 40% of the final grade, so it is important to study and be prepared for the exam. For the course to be completed and appear on the transcript, students must complete the course work at EBUS, and write the provincial exam. The average of these two marks needs to be 50% or greater.
Only students who started English 12 or Communications 12 courses with EBUS before June 30, 2019 will be required to write the corresponding exam. June 2020 will be the last possible opportunity to write these provincial exams.
EBUS Academy will arrange the provincial exam for English 12 or Communications 12, for students who have taken the course with EBUS.
Students who started English Studies 12 after June 30, 2019 are not required to write a provincial exam.
Students must submit their request to register for the provincial exam using this link.
Graduation Numeracy Assessment & Graduation Literacy Assessment Information
Students are now required to write the Numeracy Assessment (NME 10) and a Literacy Assessment (LTE 10) in their grade 10 year, as a graduation requirement. The NME 10 is based on math concepts learned in multiple subjects from K-10 with an emphasis on K-9. The exam is electronic and is comprised of 24 online questions, two written response questions and a self-reflection. The NME 10 is graded using a rubric and a proficiency score (out of 4) will appear on the student’s transcript.
The LTE 10 is based on learning across various subject areas, from K-10. The LTE 10 is electronic and is comprised on selected response and written questions focused on analyzing texts, communicating understanding and marking personal connections. The assessment contains 3 parts: a required component, a choice component and a self-reflection. The LTE 10 is graded using a rubric; however, students’ final transcripts will show ‘requirements met’ rather than the proficiency score.
Students have up to three opportunities to write the assessments: an initial attempt (required) and up to two rewrites (optional). The best outcome for each assessment will be reported on the final transcript.
More information about the assessment can be found on the Ministry of Education website:
- NME 10: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/assessment/numeracy-assessment
- LTE 10: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/assessment/literacy-assessment/gla-10
EBUS Academy will arrange the NME 10 and LTE 10 exams for full-time EBUS students in January and April. Cross-enrolled students must arrange to write these assessments through their home school.
Full-time students must submit their request to register for the provincial exam using the following link: www.ebusgradassessment.weebly.com
❱ Grade 12 - Graduation Assessment / Provincial Exams
❱ Grade 11 - Graduation Assessment
❱ Grade 10 - Graduation Assessment