It is expected that within 2 weeks of a course start and within any 2 week subsequent period students will submit and have marked a minimum of 1 of the following: assignment / activity / quiz / test.
If not, an Online Gentle Reminder Email (OGRE) will be sent to the student and parent / guardian.
If a student is inactive for another week ( 3 weeks consecutively ) a second OGRE will be sent to the student and parent / guardian.
After 4 weeks of inactivity a final OGRE will be sent to the student and parent / guardian and the student will be withdrawn from the course.
- Anytime a student submits and has an assignment assessed / marked the period of inactivity is reset to ‘0’
- To be reinstated in a course students will have to appeal to the Principal or Vice Principal via email. All appeals must include:
- Changes student is making to their daily schedules to accommodate their on-line learning
- A detailed plan including timeline for successful completion of the course assignments
- EBUS teachers understand that there will be times when students need to be absent / inactive from their course(s) due to sickness, injury, family or personal issues and more. Students should consult with their teacher and request to be omitted from the OGRE process.