What do you need to get started with EBUS? Here’s a helpful list of the hardware and software,and internet requirements you’ll need to connect with our online learning centre.
Minimum System Requirements
Families/students are responsible for providing their own computer systems to work on. Below you will find a list of minimum technical requirements needed on your computer for maximum compatibility with our learning management system and associated software that we use.
- Microsoft Windows®, Vista, or Mac OS
At least one of the following browsers required.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Any other recent browser
- *Please note: Some browsers may not render content adequately depending on the plugins installed on individual computers or restrictions imposed on such by pop up blockers, virus scanners or firewalls.
- Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003, or 2007® or compatible software (such as OpenOffice) for word processing, creating and reading spreadsheets, and creating presentations. You will not be able to complete school assignments if your software cannot open and save files using Microsoft Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint® formats.
- EBUS students can access Microsoft Office, during their time with our program, and should contact their course teacher for more information.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® — Version 9 or higher
- Adobe® Flash® Player — Version 10 or higher
- Windows Media® Player — Version 11 or higher
- High speed connection (e.g. Cable, DSL)
- *Please note: You are responsible for obtaining an Internet service provider. Connectivity issues due to ISP bandwidth limiting or interference are not within the control of EBUS Academy. If you experience such issues, please contact your ISP.
Some courses may require:
- Headset & Microphone
- Scanner, scanner app (such as CamScanner) or device that can create a PDF file or picture (JPG file)