EBUS provides pre-loaded VISA® cards to help students access funding.
EBUS Academy reserves the right to decide who does or does not receive a student VISA® card.
❱ Grades K - 9
❱ Grades 10 - 12
VISA® Card Receipts
Itemized receipts are required for ALL purchases. These should be attached as a PDF to an email and submitted to your online teacher.
Scan receipts so that they can be easily read.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to use my VISA®?
- EBUS Academy student VISA® cards are all cancelled the last Friday in May regardless of the date printed on the card. The VISA® card expiry date printed on the card is only used when ordering online.
What is my VISA® PIN?
- EBUS student VISA® cards do not have a PIN.
Who can use the VISA® card?
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all purchases made with EBUS Academy student VISA® cards.
What can I purchase with the VISA® card?
- All purchases must be pre-approved by your online teacher or Academic Advisor and must comply with Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
What happens if I use my VISA® card for unauthorized purchases?
- Misuse of student funding may result in cancellation of funding privileges.
- Student accounts may be unloaded and suspended if purchases are made without obtaining pre-approval or are in conflict with the Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
- Parents may be asked to reimburse EBUS.
Can I use my VISA® card to pay for my internet?
- No. VISA® cards are not to be used to pay for internet. EBUS will reimburse by cheque for all approved internet claims. See Internet Claims.
What about purchases I made before I got my VISA® cards?
- Other than internet service, Ministry policy does not allow for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.