Grades 10 – 12
EBUS provides pre-loaded VISA cards to help students access funding.
EBUS Academy reserves the right to decide who does or does not receive a student VISA card.
Students whose school of record is EBUS Academy and who are registered for at least 4 courses have access to a maximum of $600 in Learning Support Funding and up to a maximum of $400 in Internet Reimbursement to help support their current student learning plan.
- Each active course that a student is engaged with generates $125 in Learning Support Funds.
- The maximum amount of Learning Support Funding available to secondary students in the current school year is $1,000.00 which is equivalent to 8 courses.
- A maximum of $600 may be used to support current course work.
- Internet reimbursement (maximum of $400) can be requested, providing students have a balance of Learning Support Funds to cover the claim.
- EBUS reserves the right to withhold funding from students who do not remain active in or withdraw from their courses.
- Secondary students will be granted Learning Support Funding only once per course.
*EBUS Academy secondary students whose school of record is EBUS Academy and who have activated and are working on pace in a minimum of 3 courses for semester one are eligible for Learning Support Funding of $125.00 per course.
**Students who are registered in four courses for the current school year but are taking two courses in semester one and two courses in semester two may request $250.00 in funding during semester one if they have activated their two courses and are working on pace in both.
All purchases must be pre-approved by a course teacher and support the student’s current learning plan. For example, we will not pay for music lessons for a student who is not enrolled in a Music or Fine Arts course with EBUS.
Although teachers approve all student purchases, all purchases must still comply with our EBUS Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
VISA cards are processed and mailed out twice in October and then once per month thereafter until the end of March. Cards are mailed to the address provided on the student registration form.
Itemized receipts are required for ALL purchases. These should be attached as a PDF to an email and submitted to your online teacher.
Scan receipts so that they can be easily read.
VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long do I have to use my VISA?
- EBUS Academy student VISA cards are all cancelled the last Friday in May regardless of the date printed on the card. The VISA card expiry date printed on the card is only used when ordering online.
What is my VISA PIN?
- EBUS student VISA cards do not have a PIN.
Who can use the VISA?
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all purchases made with EBUS Academy student VISA cards.
What can I purchase with the VISA?
- All purchases must be pre-approved by your online teacher or Academic Advisor and must comply with Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
What happens if I use my VISA for unauthorized purchases?
- Misuse of student funding may result in cancellation of funding privileges.
- Student accounts may be unloaded and suspended if purchases are made without obtaining pre-approval or are in conflict with the Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
- Parents may be asked to reimburse EBUS.
Can I use my VISA to pay for my internet?
- No. ***VISA cards are not to be used to pay for internet. EBUS will reimburse by cheque for all approved internet claims. See Internet Claims.
What about purchases I made before I got my VISA?
- Other than internet service, Ministry policy does not allow for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.