**As of September 2018, under the directive of the Ministry of Education, we will no longer be using the VISA® card program, as a way of accessing learning support funds. Families not using a Visa to access learning resources and 3rd party service providers will not be impacted by this change.
We are actively exploring ways to ensure that students continue to have access to the variety of learning resources and 3rd party service providers that EBUS learners have become accustomed to.
For up-to-date information on how learners will access learning support funds at EBUS, please refer back to this page. Updates will be posted as we work our way through this process. **
❱ Grades K - 9
❱ Grades 10 - 12
VISA® Card Receipts
Itemized receipts are required for ALL purchases. These should be attached as a PDF to an email and submitted to your online teacher.
Scan receipts so that they can be easily read.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to use my VISA®?
- EBUS Academy student VISA® cards are all cancelled the last Friday in May regardless of the date printed on the card. The VISA® card expiry date printed on the card is only used when ordering online.
What is my VISA® PIN?
- EBUS student VISA® cards do not have a PIN.
Who can use the VISA® card?
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all purchases made with EBUS Academy student VISA® cards.
What can I purchase with the VISA® card?
- All purchases must be pre-approved by your online teacher or Academic Advisor and must comply with Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
What happens if I use my VISA® card for unauthorized purchases?
- Misuse of student funding may result in cancellation of funding privileges.
- Student accounts may be unloaded and suspended if purchases are made without obtaining pre-approval or are in conflict with the Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
- Parents may be asked to reimburse EBUS.
Can I use my VISA® card to pay for my internet?
- No. VISA® cards are not to be used to pay for internet. EBUS will reimburse by cheque for all approved internet claims. See Internet Claims.
What about purchases I made before I got my VISA® cards?
- Other than internet service, Ministry policy does not allow for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.