Special Education at EBUS
Elementary students are assigned to a homeroom with one of our primary or intermediate teachers. The classroom teacher will assess performance relative to curricular outcomes and provide three formal report cards per year.
The Special Education case manager will coordinate the IEP development, collect feedback on student progress, and approve spending related to the IEP. As part of their role, the case manager will also provide goal progress reports.
- The classroom teacher will assess performance relative to curricular outcomes
- The Special Education case manager will provide IEP goal progress reports
Parents play a key role in supporting the development and implementation of their child’s learning program, including:
- Working with EBUS staff and service providers to develop a learning plan appropriate to each learner
- Actively delivering and/or monitoring day-to-day learning, including submitting work samples for all subjects
- Access EBUS website/Moodle and all posted information
- Maintaining regular communication (via e-mail, telephone, etc) with EBUS staff
- Assessing goal progress and providing feedback for each reporting period
Paying Service Providers
The Ministry of Education does not allow EBUS to reimburse parents/students directly. This includes our inability to reimburse for anything a family might purchase. Service Providers must invoice EBUS Academy directly.