EBUS provides pre-loaded VISA cards to help students access funding.
EBUS Academy reserves the right to decide who does or does not receive a student VISA card.
Full time EBUS Academy students in grades K-9 whose registration is complete prior to the last school day of September have access to $600 in Learning Support Funding to support their current student learning plan.
VISA cards are mailed the first week of October to the address provided on the Learning Support Funds (LSF) form. You will complete your LSF form with your OLT (online teacher).
Returning EBUS students may request an early release of their student VISA card and access $200.00 of funding before September 30th if they have completed and submitted the Learning Support Funds form prior to mid-June of the previous school year. Remaining funding will be released within the first two weeks of October.
Students enrolled between October 1st and January 31st are eligible for $500 in Learning Support Funds and will receive their VISA in late February. Students will have access to EBUS supplied textbooks, workbooks, and subscriptions.
Itemized receipts are required for ALL purchases. These should be attached as a PDF to an email and submitted to your online teacher.
Scan receipts so that they can be easily read.
VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long do I have to use my VISA?
- EBUS Academy student VISA cards are all cancelled the last Friday in May regardless of the date printed on the card. The VISA card expiry date printed on the card is only used when ordering online.
What is my VISA PIN?
- EBUS student VISA cards do not have a PIN.
Who can use the VISA?
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all purchases made with EBUS Academy student VISA cards.
What can I purchase with the VISA?
- All purchases must be pre-approved by your online teacher or advisor, included on your LSF form and must comply with Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
What happens if I use my VISA for unauthorized purchases?
- Misuse of student funding may result in cancellation of funding privileges.
- Student accounts may be unloaded and suspended if purchases are made without obtaining pre-approval or are in conflict with the Financial Purchasing Guidelines.
- Parents may be asked to reimburse EBUS.
Can I use my VISA to pay for my internet?
- No. ***VISA cards are not to be used to pay for internet. EBUS will reimburse by cheque for all approved internet claims. See Internet Claims.
What about purchases I made before I got my VISA?
- Other than internet service, Ministry policy does not allow for the reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.