How to log in to your Ministry of Education ‘Student Secure Web’ account

An important thing for all grade 10-12 students to do is to set up and use your Student Secure Web account.  This is a service run by the Ministry of Education, not by EBUS.  Your SSW account contains:

  • The official record of your course credits
  • provincial exam marks
  • other services, such as designating which Colleges and Universities should receive your transcripts (for grade 12s)

To set up your account, you will need your full legal name, and your PEN (personal education number).  You can find your 9-digit PEN on your EBUS Dashboard.

Visit, and click on the Student Secure Web icon (it says “get your exam results”).  Next, use your PEN to create your SSW account, and login.

Have a look around your SSW account.  One thing you want to do is review your marks and look for anything incorrect or missing.  NOTE that courses you completed since November 2013 may not show yet – your school marks are only sent to your SSW account a few times per year.

If you have any questions about thing you see in your SSW account, please don’t hesitate to contact Chris at EBUS  smile

Grade 12’s applying to post-secondary: PSI choices

To all gr. 12 students applying for post-secondary school (college/university)  please be sure to login to your Student Secure Web account and make your PSI choice selection. Get this done by the end of March.


OK, FOR FREE, IN MAY, the Ministry of Education will make your official transcripts and interim marks available to colleges/universities you apply to.  And, IN JULY, they will send your official final graduation transcript to your chosen colleges/universities.
This is great, since it automates the process and you don’t have to do the transcript requesting/ordering/mailing work.  And it’s FREE….but you have to authorize the Ministry to do it for you.

So, login to your SSW account (the one that has your transcripts and provincial exam results).  Click the link to do with Post-Secondary Institution selections (PSI).  Choose the schools to which you’ve applied.  One thing is they’ve rolled the BC schools all into one item, so if you’re just applying in BC, you can select that one thing (called “All BC PSI’s”, or some such).

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions about this!

Dogwood Planner and Grad Planner: helpful documents

Hello Gr. 12s!
The Ministry of Education has developed the new BC Dogwood Planner, an annual document published in January for students in Grade 12. The BC Dogwood Planner is a companion document of the Grad Planner addressing the top questions from students in their graduation year.
Please have a look at these 2 PDFS as they do a really good job of summarizing many questions and concerns related to grad credits, transcripts, post-secondary plans, etc.
Grade 12’s applying for Sept 2017 post-secondary:
 If you’re graduating this year and you plan to attend college or university in September, please make sure to visit your Student Secure Web account (Ministry of Education account), and make your so-called PSI selections.  This allows the Ministry of Education to send your marks information directly to the school’s you’ve applied to.

– make your PSI selections by March 1 (!!) for your PSI to be able to receive “preliminary” marks info.

-make your selections by May 1 in order for your PSI to receive interim marks info in May (after your April report card).

Back to Grade 10-12 Homeroom

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.